Tuesday 12 March 2013

Age and Career

Age and career
      Aging may be regarded as an obstacle from the point of view of looking for a new job. On the other hand, experience which comes with years ha helped me substantially on my path on the career ladder. What I mean is that being old is not always for the bad.
     First of all, looking at my portfolio, people tend to be extremely surprised. The profound layout of all the positions held have a great impact on the attitude of people who are on the higher rank. They are not ashamed of asking for advice and discussing some important points.
     Moreover, experience provides me with access to the so-called helpers-list, that is people who I can delegate some my tasks. That makes my work much more interesting, allowing me to reject some boring obligations.
     To tell you the truth, my age makes all the younger employees respect me and it can't but please me.Understanding of the fact that you are the first to be asked for help in some problematic issues.
  

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited about getting older. Not so much the actual aging, but more for the experience. It's amazing how much you can learn if you try.

    ReplyDelete