Sunday 14 October 2012

Happy birthday, Jason!


Today is my husband's birthday. Therefore, this post would be dedicated to him. Happy Birthday, Jason! I am going to tell the world what a wonderful person my husband is.

We met many years ago through mutual friends, and what drew me to him initially was his confident demeanor. Throughout the early stages of our relationship, I recognized him as a caring individual, and that made him an attentive lover.

Now, years into our relationship, I still see him as the most compassionate person I have ever met. He is incredible. As I have watched his career blossom, he has taught me how to keep myself innovative, how to make my own star grow brighter with the passing of time. My partner turned all the inconsistencies in my life away; he became the constant. Being the most reliable person in my world, he gave me a foundation from which to build myself.

My life partner has taught me how banal and unimpressive the material pursuits of life are. He has balanced me with his unpretentious regard for the finer things in life. This aspect of my partner makes him more approachable for heavy, deep conversation. I know he does not like to discuss our neighbor\'s gossip, and that makes it that much easier to speak about things that matter.

In my partner, I see part of myself that I want to be. He is reliable, he would do anything for anyone, whereas I find myself finding excuses to ditch out on people regularly for no reason at all whatsoever. I am the one who likes to argue, I like debating a little too much. My partner, while he sticks to his guns if the discussion is worthwhile, is always agreeable. He does not fight for the thrill of it. This is the person, the man, who has influenced me the most. He is the person that makes me want to be a better version of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment