Wednesday 17 October 2012

Dating Deal Breakers


So today I've found the diary from my past life. Hard to believe that all the words written there are my own. Here is the note I found the most interesting. It's so fun to compare my thoughts 10 years ago with actual events. So, here is it:

I am a single girl living in the New York area. I would say I am kind of picky when it comes to relationships, I expect a lot from my partner and just like I would like to think they expect a lot from me. I do have many requirements when it comes to dating and it was very difficult for me just to narrow it down to three, however I made it happen.

*Must have NO tattoos
*Must have a REAL job, a career!
*Must have family approval


The first requirement I have when it comes to dating is… No tattoos, I know you are thinking why no tattoos, well I once dated this guy whom had a tattoo of his ex girlfriend’s name on his back along with cartoon characters. Little can I say he never ended up getting over her, I caught them together in my bedroom.

My second requirement is the man that I date must have a real career. Not someone who is a struggling musician or an entrepreneur, no, I need a man that has an actual degree and a career like an eye Doctor or Scientist. I want man to be able to survive on his own, and not have to rely on me for money. Who will be able to go on trips to any where around the world and not have to worry about doing so.

Lastly, I would like a man that my family will approve of. My family and I are close. They can tell a mile away if the guy I am with is right for me or not. They know who is good for me and I trust their opinion the most. They have my best interest at heart. They will tell me the truth and not just what I want to hear.

I definitely think everyone should be picky when it comes to relationships. You should never just settle. It’s your future and should want what is best for you. 

What can I say? I really made right choices; I love my life. It was nice to find this notebook and recollect the past.

Have you ever found your old notes? Did your dreams come true? How different are you and old-you? Share your experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment